Disney World - Injury caused me to have three toes amputated

My family of 5 went on vacation to Disney World last April.On the first day we were there I was injured while sitting in my wheel chair at the 9:00 electric parade.

Workers were clearing the street to get ready for the parade to make its way down the street. People were crowding the sidewalks and being told to get behind the taped off lines. I was in a handicapped area on the edge of the tape. One of the employees pushed the crowd back and a child fell on my foot crushing it into the foot peg of the wheel chair.

Our vacation was drastically altered due to the injury I received. I was not able to put any weight on my foot and the pain was unbearable. I couldn't sit in the wheel chair all day at the parks while I was in so much pain. I caused us to get to the parks late in the day and we left early.

There were even a few parks that we missed going to because I was not able to travel.Although we had tickets for 7 different parks, I was unable to attend them. I needed to get back to New York and to a doctor. Needless to say, we left before our scheduled date. When I got back to N.Y.

I was hospitalized and my toes were removed from the damage done.I contacted Disney and they sent me an offer of a partial refund of less than $250 for the almost $4000 we spent for our vacation. I don't want their money. I want to replace the vacation as it was our life savings and the only vacation we have had as a family other than camping.

It took us years of saving to plan this once in a lifetime trip for us.All I wanted was another shot at this vacation that was supposed to be what dreams are made of.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 16 Yes 16 104 No 104
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 18 #1214608 Dallas, Texas

First of all if a child fell on you that is not Disney's fault they can not control the actions of every guest. Second that is not an injury that is gangrene , there is no way gangrene could be caused by a child falling on you. Also even if you include water parks there are only 6 parks, so having tickets to 7 would be impossible. Disney does not have a handicapped viewing area for parades, so again , another whole in your story. Its a shame you are trying to blame some child and Disney for gangrene.

3 0 Reply

Jul 06 #1181798 Irving, Texas

You need to contact a lawyer and sue the mess out of them. You lost your toes for God's sake. I feel so bad for you. I hope you are generously compensated. Good luck to you.❤

1 5 Reply

Jul 25 #1189723 California, United States

How convenient that this supportive comment comes from a town you have relatives in.

4 1 Reply

Oct 02 #1221641 Dallas, Texas

Wow you are beyond *** if you think losing her toes was Disney's fault, or the fault of a little girl. It's because she is a fat diabetic who scarfed down tons of sugar until she got gangrene . She is lucky she just lost toes and not her whole leg. Her poor management of diabetis is all that's to blame here.

1 0 Reply

May 09 #1156260

1. Your injury was your own fault. Disney doesn't have handicap parade viewing so there is fault #1.
2.A trip to Disney would never be only $4,000 no matter how much you stretch your money
3.Disney only has 6 parks Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, and Typhoon Lagoon. Disney Springs is not a park and does not require a ticket for admission.
4. If you were truly injured and it was Disneys fault your whole vacation would have been comped. As a cast member at a resort, managers refund nights for so much less than injuries.
You're full of ***

10 2 Reply

Jul 25 #1189729 California, United States

While some of your points are valid, others are wrong. It is easy to spend $4000. A family of four, let's say, with a three night stay at the resort, including food and other sundries can easily hit the mark.
Disney does have handicapped parade viewing. It's usually taped off.
Disney rarely comps anything and, in this case, they didn't need too and am glad they didn't because this injury didn't happen the way the poster states.

1 3 Reply

May 09 #1156255

I cannot believe we have so many clueless gullible people here who cannot use common sense. Some people see through her scam. I may add some things that you can think of. This scammer claims that she was so badly injured at Disney that she was in pain for days and had to have her toes amputated. Now she wants $4000 to go back to Disney, a place where she was in so much pain and lost her toes. Anyone that had such a terrible experience would never want to return because this would trigger bad memories. She claimed she did not go to a lawyer because she is not that type of person. Well, the real reason she did not go to a lawyer is she knew she would lose her case as this is more about her not taking care of her diabetes. While I do feel bad for her losing her toes it is her own fault for not taking care of herself and she is trying to get money from Disney for her negligence. Wonder is she will spend the money on Disney something else.

7 1 Reply

Feb 19 #1114685

Nice try!!!! After having buyer's remorse for spending her "life savings" on a trip to Disney, this liar tries to blame Disney for her decaying diabetic feet as a means of recouping her money while still being able to enjoy the vacation. And when called out on it, tries to deny her lies with even more unconvincing lies! Lol!

15 1 Reply

Jan 22 #1099229

That was not caused by a child falling on you, that is straight up gangrene caused by not properly managing your diabetes. This is not the fault of the child nor Disney the only person to blame for this is YOU.

16 0 Reply

Dec 31, 2015 #1086611

That to me looks like frostbite nothing a child wood do by falling on it. The toes are already dead look at the foot looks like cold got to it not a child I could be wrong but I have seen frostbite and it looks like that or you have diabetes real bad.

3 0 Reply

Oct 25, 2015 #1053625

Wow, you expect a free vacation because a child fell on your foot. In what way is it Disney's fault that a child fell on you? Could you please explain that? Last, time I checked the place was called The Magic Kingdom not Mickey's Daycare. Are they just supposed to put you some where that some lesser guest can't breathe on or touch you? And as someone else already stated fron wheels on wheel chairs don't have spokes so there is an inconsistency right there. Most of my family is diabetic and I have seen what can happen from improper management of your diabetes. I don't know why Disney would even offer $250 when they are at fault for nothing. And why on earth is a Disney employee supposed to leave there job and push you to the exit. That is not their job, that screams liability. No one to blame here dear but you and poor diabetic care.

7 1 Reply

May 10, 2015 #982345

That's not a crush injury. That is either frostbite or damage from poor circulation due to diabetes with obesity. Did you immediately go to First Aid or ask for assistance? I'm guessing you continued watching the parade. Did you visit any one of the numerous urgent care centers nearby because of your pain? Your neglect of YOUR injury is not Disney's fault. How could you possibly get your toes trapped in the spokes of the wheelchair when the wheels nearest your feet are prohibited, by laws dictating the manufacturing of wheelchairs, from having spokes? Are you saying you someone had your feet trapped in the large wheels BEHIND you? Also, to have a child cause such traum, if at all possible, would've required you to be wearing flip flops or no shoes at all.

20 2 Reply

Mar 25, 2015 #963329 Fort Worth, Texas

This is just another case of the ever growing entitlement syndrome toward Disney by handicapped guests. They don't want to be treated equal they want to be treated better than everyone else.How is it possibly Disney's fault that a child fell on you. Did Mickey push the child on you? This is not a result of this poor child falling anyway. This injury is a result of poor blood sugar management and nothing else. Get over it. There is no one to blame for this but you.

19 1 Reply

Feb 11, 2015 #944055 Auburn Hills, Michigan

Coming into this late but let's be clear about this, Disney didn't step on your feet. Your cause of action is with the child or the parents who could not control him.
According to your post, after receiving this injury you went days without medical care, waiting until you made it back to NY before seeking any care? Sorry, this one's on you.

23 3 Reply

Nov 07, 2013 #738989

What a lie!that did not cause that injury.

20 2 Reply

Aug 08, 2013 #696151

With all the negative comments I need to address a few. First of all, this was in no way a scam. I did not hide the fact that I had a history of medical problems. Secondly, I am not out for money. Disney already offered me money and I did nothing to get it. All I had to do was sign a paper and mail it in to get a check mailed to me! Thirdly, I could have hired a lawyer to sue Disney World but I didn't. I am not that kind of person! Finally, To the person making comments about my diabetes and calling me a fat donut eater... I am diabetic and I do have my sugars under control. I do not eat sweets unless they are planned for. I did not write this blog to get sympathy. I simply want to have a good vacation with my family which I feel as if it was taken from me. I cannot afford to pay for this vacation again anytime soon. It took many years of planning and saving to get the money to go in the first place!

6 29 Reply

Nov 09, 2013 #740379 Fort Worth, Texas

If you are so delicate that I kid stepping on your toes would cause that you had better just stay in bed 24 7 because basically anything is going to hurt you. :cry :cry :cry

25 2 Reply

Aug 07, 2013 #695225

What it comes down to is a horrific accident of a child stepping on you, not Mickey himself biting your toes off. America is the most litigious country in the world and we should be ashamed. :sigh

12 0 Reply

Mar 03, 2013 #617643 Orlando, Florida

Disney customer service is sadly lacking. Sorry about your injury. My husband works as a high level manager at Disney and I am a stockholder, I take all of my out of town guests to SeaWorld..enough said...except for all of the mean commnt on this site. They are probably Disney employees. Hey DW employees let my husband know where you work for he doesn't gt treated well enough to state what you all state! He is high level too!!

4 23 Reply
You're stupid

Jan 25, 2013 #599127

Do we not have hospitals in Florida that you had to wait several days to seek medical attention and even leave the state? Also if you were injured on Disney property why did you not seek out a cast member for medical attention? They do offer medics on site.
Sorry if my toes are going black from lack of blood I think I'd seek medical attention immediately. Besides this looks like frostbite.
Disney is not to blame for your ignorance.

22 1 Reply

1-20 of 40 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.